PUBLIC NOTICE - Direct Hire Appointment Authority in response to Zika Virus Public Health Emergency
Using OPM approved government wide or agency specific direct-hire authorities, agencies may appoint candidates to positions without regard to the requirements in title 5 U.S.C. 3309 through 3318.
This section contains the group coverage qualification standards, associated individual occupational requirements (IOR), and individual qualification standards covering white collar occupations in the Federal competitive service. These standards describe the minimum qualification requirements (for example, educational, medical, age, experience, etc.) for each occupational series. You may search for information about specific qualification requirements using either the Index by Series Number or Index by Series Title.The standards are written broadly for Government wide application and are not intended to provide detailed information about specific qualification requirements for individual positions at a particular agency. Such information (i.e., a description of the specialized experience requirements for a particular position) should be included in the vacancy announcements issued by the agency. Information about the work performed in a General Schedule occupational series is contained in the Handbook of Occupational Groups & Families and the Introduction to the Position Classification Standards, and is not repeated on this site.Many occupations or positions that are covered by a group coverage qualification standard also have Individual Occupation Requirements (IOR). Some series are covered by a separate stand-alone individual qualification standard.For more information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/
Foreign Education: Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the education requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated, visit: http://wwwdev.cdc.gov/employment/newhire/foreigned.html.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met.
5. One-year probationary period may be required.
6. Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid: May Be Authorized
7. Bargaining Unit Position: No
8. Drug Screening Required: May Be Required
9. Recruitment Incentive authorized: May Be Authorized
10. Annual Leave for non-federal service authorized: May Be Authorized
11. Research position: No
12. Promotion potential: These positions may have possible promotion potential. If it does, the promotion to the next grade level is at management's discretion and is based on your meeting qualifications and time-in-grade requirements, demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, and administrative approval. Promotion to the next grade level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied..
13. Supervisory position: These positions may be a supervisory position. If it does, candidates must also have demonstrated or shown the potential to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities. A supervisory probationary period may be required. Applicants should describe any previous experience or responsibilities which could be used in relation to the supervisory requirements of this position.
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov). For information on "People with Disabilities" please visit http://opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp