Executive Director, Member Services
The Executive Director, Member Services is organizationally aligned to the VHA Office of the Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Operations and Management. The Executive Director, Member Services provides advice and recommendations related to the Member Services. The responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
· Assisting in the direction, oversight, and management of initiatives, programs, projects, and other activities associated with member services.
· Provide oversight review and direct service for health care eligibility and enrollment, benefits, and crisis support for Veterans and beneficiaries.
· Addressing complex issues related to clarification of Veterans eligibility and ensuring operating efficiencies and access to VA health care services and benefits.
· Providing executive leadership and direction to the program offices, facilities and major Department level initiatives related to Member Health Eligibility Center (HEC), Health Resource Center (HRC), Veterans Transportation Program (VTP), Veterans Point of Service (VPS), Compliance and Internal Controls Program Office (CICPO), Enterprise Support Services (ESS), and Veteran Crisis Line (VCL).
· Providing advice, assistance, and executive oversight for services provided along with initiating, developing, and modifying business practices as necessary to ensure sound management practices.
To meet the minimum qualifications, applicant must possess the following technical and executive core qualifications. These qualifications would typically be gained through progressively responsible management or executive level assignments such as director of a regional office, or program manager. An individual's total experience, education and volunteer work experience must demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Mandatory Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs): All applicants must submit a written narrative in response to the following ECQs. Each ECQ should contain at least two examples describing your experiences and accomplishments/results. For additional guidance, applicants may visit the Office of Personnel Management's Guide to Senior Executive Qualifications. Applicants are encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action and Results (C-C-A-R) model outlined in the guide. Responses to ECQs must not exceed 10 pages. It is recommended that applicants prepare the ECQs in a Word document and upload it into the application system.The definitions of the SES ECQs and their underlying competencies can be found at: http://www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/ecq.asp.
1. Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organization goals. Inherent to the ECQ is the ability to establish an organization vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilities cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalition internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION(S): All applicants must submit a written narrative response to the Technical Qualifications (TQ). Please give examples and explain how often you used your skills, the complexity of the knowledge possessed, the level of people you interacted with, the sensitivity of the issues you handled, etc. Responses to TQs must not exceed 2 pages per TQ for a total of 4 pages. Each TQ must be addressed separately.
TQ 1: Knowledge of Member Services functions provided to a large geographically dispersed population including: eligibility and enrollment for care, call center or contact management operations, transportation services, intake tools such as Kiosks and business systems integration.
TQ 2: Ability to manage and direct a national organization with several varied customer service program responsibilities in a health care organization.
The Federal Government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following web address is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most federal employees; https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/benefits/.
Veterans Preference does not apply to the Senior Executive Service: http://www.usajobs.govEEO Policy Statement: http://www.usajobs.gov.eeoReasonable Accommodation Policy Statement: http://www.usajobs.gov/rapsLegal and Regulatory Guidance: http://www.usajobs.gov/lrg
|04/04/17||Assistant General Counsel (Chief, Financial Disclosure)||Judicial Branch, Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts||District of Columbia, District of Columbia|
|03/21/17||Physician (Thoracic Surgeon)||Department Of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration||White River Junction, Vermont|