HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY)
This position is located at 115 FSS, Madison, WI. This comprehensive description covers five programs/specialties within the Air National Guard Military Personnel Flight. The primary purpose is to administer and accomplish functions of one or more of the following human resources programs: Career Enhancements, Customer Service, Employments, Relocations, and/or Readiness.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: To qualify at the GS-09 level, (PD#D1622000), applicants must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting basic concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements.
NOTE: Your résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required as described in the duties listed above. You will also be evaluated to the extent you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics associated with the position. Therefore, please ensure your application package addresses the required specialized experience. In describing your experience, you should be clear and specific. We will NOT make assumptions regarding your experience. If your resume does not support the specialized experience requirements you've answered in the questionnaire answers, you will be rated ineligible for this position.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Military skill set is determined by AFSC requirements. Upon selection, individuals must be assigned to a compatible military AFSC in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations, guides and must obtain/maintain all requirements of the AFSC.
The compatible AFSC's for this position are: 3S0X1 or 3S2X1.
Military Grades: You must currently hold a pay grade of E-4 through E-6.
At a minimum, applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable background investigation for suitability purposes for employment in the federal government. Not being able to maintain a favorable background investigation may result in administrative action, including termination from employment.
· Incumbent must maintain membership in the Wisconsin National Guard.
· For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state drivers license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
· For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
· The wearing of the military uniform and abiding by the customs and courtesies as prescribed by applicable military service regulations are conditions of employment.
· Employees will be required to participate in direct deposit/electronic fund transfer (DD/EFT).
· If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
· Selected individual must pass a preplacement physical PRIOR to appointment.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The Wisconsin National Guard is an organization that values diversity and inclusion. As part of our recruitment process, we invite all job seekers interested in employment with The Wisconsin National Guard to voluntarily provide gender and ethnic information for Equal Employment Opportunity reporting. We do not use this self-identification information in any manner to make our hiring decisions, and whether or not you provide your self-identification information will have no impact on our review of your resume and/or application.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. Group Life Insurance, Health Insurance Programs, Retirement Program, Injury Compensation Benefits, 13 days Sick Leave each year, Annual Leave - 13 days a year for the first three years, 20 days a year for the next 12 years and 26 days after 15 years, 10 paid Holidays and 120 hours Military Leave.
The following web address is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
|04/04/17||EEO Spec||Department of the Army, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers||Kennewick, Washington|