HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
The primary purpose of this position is: is to perform a variety of administrative and technical duties that require knowledge of civilian personnel terminology, requirements and procedures in support of the Civilian Personnel Officer.
· Provides a variety of administrative and technical support to the Civilian Personnel Officer and Supervisory Human Resources Specialists by in the overall management and/or accomplishment of all general administrative support functions and technical assistance actions required for the support of the office's functions.
· Receives, reviews, analyzes data, compiles information and prepares a variety of HR reports for special and recurring requirements.
· Accomplishes and participates in special projects and assignments related to the classification, staffing, and employee relations programs.
· Uses multiple office automation software with varied functions to produce a wide range of documents, reports, formats, etc... Supports the CPO Web Page Manager, responsible for ensuring the accuracy and availability of documents and data for Air Force wide users.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-04) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include knowledge of and skill in applying, a standardized body of HR rules, procedures, and operations sufficient to perform a full-range of support assignments. Also provide support to HR specialists involved in one or more specialties such as classification, employee benefits, or use personal computers to prepare HR documents with complicated formatting, e.g., headers and footers. In additional to the use personal computers and software programs in an office environment to extract, revise, or sort information from files, records, or databases.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of an extensive body of HR rules, procedures, operations, locally established program objectives, priorities, and practices to perform limited technical work of a non-controversial nature.
2. Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization and format to accurately prepare and edit written correspondence and reports.
3. Knowledge of various office and civilian personnel automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support CPO operations and produce a variety of documents such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases and graphs. Skill in typing and use of office automation software; qualified typist required.
4. Ability to apply basic analytical methods and techniques to various aspects of assigned program areas.
5. Ability to understand and provide standard program guidance, advice, and references to customers.
6. Knowledge of and ability to interpret locally established program objectives, priorities, practices and procedures to coordinate and resolve problems for HR specialists. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station in performance of TDY; may be required to use commercial or military aircraft when traveling.
2. May perform other related duties as assigned.
3. May be required to work overtime or unusual hours on an emergency basis.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview of benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Important Overseas Information: Applicants interested in applying for overseas locations please click here to review important information regarding exceptional family member program.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 80 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
|03/09/17||Supervisory Human Resources Specialist||Department Of Health And Human Services, Indian Health Service||Crownpoint, New Mexico|
|03/09/17||HR Specialist||Department of the Army, HQDA Field Operating Agencies and Staff Support Agencies||Kaiserslautern, Germany|
|03/13/17||Human Resources Assistant (Military)||Department of the Air Force, Air National Guard Units (Title 32)||Topeka, Kansas|
|03/23/17||Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (Military)||Department of the Army, U.S. Army Reserve Command||Fort McCoy, Wisconsin|
|03/24/17||SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY)||Department of the Army, HQDA Field Operating Agencies and Staff Support Agencies||Alexandria County, Virginia|