HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY)
The purpose of this position is to serve as the final reviewer and procedural authority of personnel actions submitted to the MILPO by lower echelons. Work is to be performed in one or more of the following work areas: Officer or Enlisted Personnel Management (OPM, EPM); Retirement Points Accounting Management (RPAM); Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP); Montgomery G.I. Bill; MOS Medical Review Board (MMRB); Line of Duty (LOD) investigations; and Funeral Honors/Casualty Assistance.
In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY) position, you must meet the following criteria.
Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 12 months experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or laws. Experience that provided a working knowledge of administrative functions. Experience performing personnel transactions. Experience working independently and setting priorities with very little supervisory control.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. A comprehensive knowledge of the majority of the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and precedents relating to the area of assignment; and the ability to apply this knowledge in the interpretation and application of regulatory and procedural requirements to complex cases.
2. Knowledge of requirements for proposed action to ensure that documentation is correct and sufficient; ability to review organizational records, duty codes, medical, and educational regulations in order to analyze the information and determine the propriety of the action submitted and that all levels of legal, medical, and administrative review are complete.
3. Ability to deal cooperatively with others to obtain needed information, to complete required case processing, and to explain decisions or recommendations to interested parties.
4. Skill in compiling information and preparing reports.
5. Ability to plan and organize work.
6. Knowledge of military organizational structures, protocol, and similar matters.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK ARMY NATIONAL GUARD.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.nationalguard.com or call 1-800-goguard.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
1. RESUME (Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013)
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved fromhttp://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf
BENEFITSExplore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/interactive/Benefits#icc.
Under 32 USC 709, Veterans Preference does NOT apply.
For a complete list of Job Vacancy Announcements available at the New York National Guard, please visit our website at http://dmna.ny.gov/jobs/jobs.php?id=tech.
|04/04/17||EEO Spec||Department of the Army, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers||Kennewick, Washington|