HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY)
This position is located in the Military Personnel Office (MILPO) of the Army National Guard. The purpose of this position is to serve as the final reviewer and procedural authority of personnel actions submitted to the MILPO by lower echelons. Work is to be performed in one or more of the following work areas: Officer or Enlisted Personnel Management (OPM, EPM); Retirement Points Accounting Management (RPAM); Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP); Montgomery G.I.Bill; MOS Medical Review Board(MMRB); Line of Duty (LOD) Investigations; and Funeral Honors/Casualty Assistance.
Minimum Requirements: Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Quality of Experience: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed. The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the Miscellaneous Administration and Program Positions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least 12 months experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or laws. Experience that provided a working knowledge of administrative functions. Experience performing personnel transactions. Experience working independently and setting priorities with very little supervisory control.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSA's): In the event there are more than 10 certified applicants, the following KSA's will be used to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made.
1. A comprehensive knowledge of the majority of the laws, rules , regulations, policies, procedures, and precedents relating to the area of assignment; and the ability to apply this knowledge in the interpretation and application of regulatory and procedural requirements to complex cases.
2. Knowledge of requirements for proposed action to ensure that documentation is correct and sufficient; ability to review organizational records, duty codes, medical and educational regulations in order to analyze the information and determine the propriety of the action submitted and that all levels of legal, medical, and administrative review are complete.
3. Ability to deal cooperatively with others to obtain needed information, to complete required case processing, and to explain decisions or recommendations to interested parties.
4. Skill in compiling information and preparing reports.
5. Ability to plan and organize work.
6. Knowledge of military organizational structures, protocol and similar matters.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
MINIMUM MILITARY GRADE: E-4
MAXIMUM MILITARY GRADE: E-6
COMPATIBLE MILITARY DUTY ASSIGNMENTS: 42A
Substitution of Education for specialized experience: Completion of 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience for GS-5 positions.
***Copies of OFFICIAL college transcripts must be submitted with application to receive credit for education***
Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
Position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 SEP 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform these duties.
Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
The duties and responsibilities of position may significantly impact the environment. Must be responsible to maintain awareness of environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, the organization and its changing mission.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit:http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resource Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resource can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
|04/04/17||EEO Spec||Department of the Army, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers||Kennewick, Washington|