HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY)
· Manages Performance (Enlisted and Officer) Evaluation Reports and Awards and Special Programs.
· Performs as Force Management Operations Lead.
· Manages several Military Personnel Action Programs.
· Plans and develops policies, procedures, and goals for the effective administration, direction, management and operation of Force Management Operations Section.
At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-09) or equivalent.
Specialized experience must include specialized knowledge and expertise of all functional responsibilities and procedures for the Force Management Operations programs supporting numerous Major Commands (MAJCOMs), and Field Operating Agencies (FOAs), as well as on-base and Geographically Separated Units (GSUs); and to provide advice and assistance to the Commanders and senior leaders on Performance Evaluation Reports, and other mission critical programs. Manages Performance (Enlisted and Officer) Evaluation Reports and Awards and Special Programs. Performs as Force Management Operations Lead. Manages several Military Personnel Action Programs. Plans and develops policies, procedures, and goals for the effective administration, direction, management and operation of Force Management Operations Section.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-09 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
· Knowledge of the principles, theories, techniques, practices, mission, and organizational structure of specific programs and/or functional field to assist in supporting Air Force wide military personnel program administration responsibilities.
· Knowledge of the laws, regulations, principles and practices of military personnel programs.
· Knowledge of Force Management Operations programs inspection requirements, reports, and program terms, as well as knowledge of common management principles to provide advisory services and inspect assigned programs.
· Skill in adapting analytical techniques and evaluation criteria to the measurement and improvement of program effectiveness, and in serving as a technical specialist and spokesperson to further section objectives on important issues.
· Ability to prepare special studies and reports, including the ability to meet emergency and/or changing program requirements within available resources and with minimum sacrifice of quality or quantity of work.
· Ability to establish effective working relationships and to communicate well with others, orally and in writing, including preparing and conducting formal and informal briefings.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· May be required to travel by military and/or civilian aircraft in the performance of official duties.
· Employee must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security level required based on the position's sensitivity.
· The work is primarily performed sitting at a desk although it may involve some walking to attend meeting at other offices and worksites. No special physical exertion is required.
· The work is performed in an office setting with adequate lighting, heat and ventilation. The work involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions.
BENEFITSThe Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview of benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 80 or above on the rating criteria for this position.90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
|02/17/17||Human Resources Assistant (Office Automation)||Department Of Homeland Security, Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers||Glynco, Georgia|
|02/13/17||Pathways Internship Student Trainee (Human Resources)||Department of Defense, Defense Finance and Accounting Service||Indianapolis, Indiana|
|02/14/17||HR Specialist (Classification)||Department Of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration||Arlington, Virginia|
|02/24/17||HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER||Department of the Navy, Secretary of the Navy/Assistant for Administration (DON/AA)||Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia|
|02/10/17||Human Resources Assistant (Military)||Department of the Air Force, Air National Guard Units (Title 32)||March AFB, California|