Budget Officer, GS-0560-12, O1-O4, 17-057T
This position is located at the 162nd Wing (Tucson, AZ) within the Comptroller Flight at a base-level Air National Guard (ANG) Aviation Wing with responsibility for all budgetary operations necessary to support the plans, programs, missions, and activities of the wing and its geographically separated units (GSUs). The primary purpose of this position is to provide management oversight and guidance for both budget formulation and budget execution according to the Resource Management System (RMS). The incumbent is recognized as the top technical authority regarding fiscal and budgetary policy, law, and regulatory guidelines for all organizations serviced by the Wing Budget Office. The incumbent fosters an environment conducive to teamwork among resource managers and decision-makers in meeting the objectives and goals of the Resource Management System. This incumbent accomplishes budget functions in support of state and federal Air National Guard operations, training, and readiness missions, and the contingency operations of its total force and joint service partners.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS :This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members and those eligible for membership in the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive a Permanent Appointment after successful completion of a one year trial period.
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard and /must possess (for/the) the following AFSC : 65F3
Max Military Grade: O-4/Maj
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Limited PCS entitlements may be authorized by the 162WG Commander.
As a basis of continued employment to the GS-0560 position, the dual status technician employee must obtain and maintain all compatible service specific military skill requirements in training and education. The employee must complete all required financial management certification continuing education and training hours; and, document and manage his or her Individual Development Plan. All certifications are documented in the automated Learning Management Systems, as directed by DoD, U.S. Department of the Army; U.S. Department of the Air Force, and/or NG Career Field Functional Manager.
As a basis of continued employment to the GS-0560 position, the dual status technician employee must have and maintain a current Network License according to Army or Air Force Directives, Licensing Network Users and Certifying Network Professionals.
QUALIFICATION: Budget Officer, GS-0560-12 (Non-Supervisory), O1-O4
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 36 months of finance budget experiences and competencies that provided in-depth knowledge of financial principles and procedures. Candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of the principles and concepts of the National Guard financial budget business program requirements. Candidate must have expanded experiences and training that demonstrates the abilities to lead, follow directions, read, retain, and understand a variety of instructions, regulations, policies and procedures. As a condition of continued employment in the GS-0560-12 position, dependent on the position's certification level and contingent on the employee's military rank, the employee must complete the higher financial management certification within 24 months of appointment to the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Knowledge of DoD, USAF, and Air National Guard financial planning processes is required to serve as the principal advisor and consultant to the ANG wing's senior leadership regarding budgetary matters.
2. Knowledge of financial management objectives of higher authorities to ensure policies comply with precedents and controls and to provide guidance to management officials.
3. Knowledge of legislation, policies, and procedures and regulations governing the use of appropriated funds to effectively oversee and manage all budget programs.
4. Knowledge of general budgeting principles, practices, precedents, systems, and techniques and the ability to interrelate funding, manpower requirements, and expense concepts to formulate and justify dissimilar civilian and military budgets considering multiple periods of execution in both single and multi-year appropriations.
5. Knowledge of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution System (PPBES) corporate process to develop skills for interpreting and briefing commanders, resource advisors, and other resource managers on how funds are received at base level.
EDUCATION: An undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university is mandatory. Candidate must have 24 semester hours of Accounting which may include up to six hours of credit in business law. A graduate degree from an accredited civilian academic college or from an equivalent professional military education school is optimum.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSA's in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc. (Optional but recommended)
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal Employees: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/pay_and_Benefits
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal Employees: http://www.usajobs.gov/El/benefits.asp
1. If you are a current excepted service Federal employee or former Federal employee who has reinstatement eligibility, you must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action" and/or a copy of the SF-50 that reflects excepted service tenure, or you will not be considered under the merit promotion process. Also, you should submit your most recent performance appraisal.
2. All qualification requirements must be met prior to the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
3. Please do not fax/email any applications or resumes to the Arizona National Guard Human Resource Office. You must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter.
|04/07/17||Budget Analyst||Department of the Army, Army National Guard Units (Title 32)||Hartford, Connecticut|
|01/13/17||Budget Analyst||Department of the Army, U.S. Army Security Assistance Command||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|12/12/16||BUDGET ANALYST (ACQ-EHA)||Department of the Air Force, Air Force Personnel Center||Edwards AFB, California|
|02/01/17||Budget Analysis||Department of the Air Force, Air Force Personnel Center||Gunter AFB, Alabama|