Information Technology Specialist (Systems Administration)
This position is located in an information management organization. The purpose of the position is to serve as a systems administrator on one or more of the systems maintained/administered throughout the state. The systems administered involve multiple computers that use multiple operating systems. The incumbent is responsible for installing and testing the system security configuration and monitoring, operating, troubleshooting and maintaining server hardware and software.
GENERAL: Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
Information Technology Specialist (Systems Administration), GS-2210-11: Must have 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Must have experience that requires adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledge's, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Knowledge of the principles and methods used for planning and managing the implementation, update, and integration of information system components.
2. Skill in using performance tuning tools and techniques that are used to optimize systems functionality in order to meet installation systems requirements.
3. Knowledge of analysis and design techniques to develop system software modifications, systems administration policy and procedures for use across the organization.
4. Ability to lead team members assigned to one or more locations in the state.
5. Knowledge of agency applications, operating systems and components, protocols, and various hardware and software used throughout the state in order to conduct system administration functions.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED FOR EDUCATION TO BE CREDITABLE
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR résumé. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Conditions of Employment:
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees.
Flexible Spending Accounts - https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. : http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance -: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
This link provides and overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the California National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 listed on this announcement with the prescribed cover letter. The Human Resource Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 90 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
|10/25/16||Supervisor IT Specialist (Systems Administration)||Department of the Air Force, Air National Guard Units (Title 32)||Ellington AFB, Texas|
|09/01/16||Supervisory IT Specialist, GG-2210-15, Census-CB-TG||Department Of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau||District of Columbia, District of Columbia|
|11/14/16||INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST||Department of the Navy, Naval Education and Training Command||Camp Pendleton, California|
|11/28/16||IT SPECIALIST||Department of the Navy, U.S. Navy - Agency Wide||Agana, Guam|
|11/14/16||MATERIALS, COMPUTER, ELECTRONICS, AEROSPACE, OR CHEMICAL ENGINEER||Department of the Navy, Naval Education and Training Command||Camp Pendleton, California|