SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY)
INTRODUCTORY: This position is located in the Force Support Flight (FSF), Mission Support Group at an Air National Guard flying wing. Its primary purpose is to serve as a first level supervisor over the Force Support Flight, with responsibility to plan, direct, organize, and oversee the activities of military human resources programs.
MAJOR DUTIES:(1) Directly supervises and provides technical and administrative supervision to the Personnel Systems, Customer Service, Career Enhancements, Employments, Relocations, and Readiness functions of the FSF. May perform military human resources work in any of these program areas. Resolves technical/policy issues presented by program managers. Exercises the full range of supervisory human resources management responsibilities. Assists in the overall management of all military human resources programs. Provides direct support to wing, geographically separated units (GSU), tenant units, all assigned personnel, their dependents, and retired members.
(2) Plans, organizes and directs the activities of military human resources programs, ensuring that the Force Support Flight complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs. Administers, plans, and coordinates the activities of personnel assigned to the FSF performing customer service duties in the areas of Personnel Systems, Customer Service, Career Enhancement, Employments, Relocations, and Readiness. Plans and develops policies, procedures, and goals for the effective administration, direction, management, and operation of the function. Analyzes workload and provides guidance to ensure specific goals are met. Receives analysis reports and, from these, directs necessary actions to ensure adverse trends are corrected. Evaluates the status of automated and manual human resources functions. Serves as the FSF Commander's technical advisor for all personnel functions within the military human resources program areas supervised. Keeps supervisor informed of significant issues and problems related to work accomplishment.
(3) Executes management policies by developing and implementing internal procedures and plans of action, establishing conformance to those policies. Takes action to solve problems, increase effectiveness, handle special projects, correct unsatisfactory conditions, etc. Develops goals and objectives that integrate wing organizational and Force Support Flight objectives. Researches, interprets, analyzes and applies Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC), Air Reserve Personnel Center (ARPC), Air Force (AF), and Department of Defense (DOD) guidelines, policies, regulations, etc. Establishes policies and procedures for accomplishment of military human resources programs.
(4) Serves as the Test Control Officer. Monitors the classification system to ensure all personnel identified for upgrade meet the mandatory requirements for award of the AFSC. Approval level for upgrades, downgrades, and withdrawal of AFSCs at wing/base level.
(5) Performs the full scope of supervisory functions including the assignment of duties, interview and selection of employees. Schedules and approves leave, ensures orientation of new employees, provides training, evaluates performance, initiates action to redescribe positions, recommends awards when appropriate, approves within grade increases, and resolves disciplinary problems. Base level of work supervised is GS-09. Establishes shift schedules and assigns personnel based on workload to ensure adequate coverage of customer service functions and operations. Plans and schedules work in a manner that promotes a smooth flow and even distribution. Coordinates plans and schedules with other organization managers and customers as appropriate. Identifies need for changes in priorities and takes action to implement such changes. Assigns work to subordinate employees based on organization priorities and consideration of difficulty and requirements of assignments such that experience, training, and abilities of staff are effectively utilized to meet organization and customer needs. Provides advice, guidance, and direction on a wide range of military personnel programs. Identifies requirements and initiates requests for additional resources including personnel, overtime, equipment, supplies, and space to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives. Supports affirmative action with consideration of equal employment opportunity in all aspects of personnel actions. Keeps employees informed of National Guard Bureau (NGB), state, wing goals, objectives, and policies, and informs management of employee input and concerns. Establishes metrics and analysis systems to ensure actions are timely and reviewed at critical points. Promotes an environment in which employees are empowered to participate in and contribute to effective mission accomplishment.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE:Work involves providing management advisory services and technical, procedural and evaluative assistance to managers/supervisors and employees in the area of injury compensation. Experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:Applicants applying at the GS-11 level must have 36 months of general and specialized experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting advanced concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements. Experience assisting in the development of Human Resources policies and procedures. Experience advising management on Human Resources principles and practices. Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
Education Requirements:None to list for this position.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience:None to list for this position.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
---If any supplemental documentation for education or certifications are required it will be listed here.
---If the position requires a driver's license, applicant will be expected to obtain and maintain a satisfactory State of Oregon Driver's License. Driver's licenses from other states will be accepted pending they are recognized by the State of Oregon DMV and adhere to National Guard Technician Personnel Regulations.
--If position requires security clearance. Individuals must currently possess or obtain and maintain a satisfactory Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance in accordance with position requirements.
--Applicants are subject to Police Record Check. Applicants can pre-emptively fill out the PDF form below at the link.
On the Police Records Check Form DD-369 please fill out sections 2 through 9, must sign block 11, and leave line 10 blank. Once complete please upload along with application packet.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees! The following Web address provides a reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees. Some of these are but not limited to: Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Insurance, Leave, Life Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, and;Retirement Program.http://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/
For Any Questions or Concerns in regards to this announcement, please contact the following personnel at the Oregon Military Department:SSG Velasquez, Pedro Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment/Placement/Compensation) Oregon Military Department JFHQ-Human Resources Office Salem, OR 97301 Business Number: (503)584-3926; DSN: 355-3926 Business E-Mail: [email protected]
SSG Chitwood, Edward D. Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment/Placement/Compensation) Oregon Military Department JFHQ-Human Resources Office Salem, OR 97301 Business Contact: (503)584-3841; DSN: 355-3841 Business E-Mail: [email protected]
|04/04/17||EEO Spec||Department of the Army, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers||Kennewick, Washington|
|01/18/17||HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST||Department of the Air Force, Air Force Personnel Center||Randolph, Texas|