THIS IS A PERMANENT POSITIONThis is a National Guard Dual Status Technician position requiring military membership, compatible military skill assignment, and classification. The primary purpose of this position is to provide sound business advice in the execution of pre-award and post-award functions, using a wide range of common contracting methods and contract types, to assist in the procurement of standard or specialized services, commodities, and/or construction within an operational contracting office.
THIS POSITION MAY BE CONCURRENTLY ANNOUNCED WITH VA 17-287. ONLY ONE OF THE ANNOUNCED POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED. REFERRAL AND SELECTION WILL BE IAW CMDI 1400.02, 1 AUG 16
GENERAL: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.
At least 24 Semester Hours in any combination of the following studies: Accounting, Business, Finance, Law, Contracts, Purchasing, Economics, Industrial Management, Marketing, Quantitative Methods, or Organization and Management.
Contract Specialist, GS-1102-09 (Trainee): To qualify, candidate must have Level One Certification awarded. Must meet positive education requirement. Must have at least 12 months of functional contracting experiences and competencies that provided knowledge of contracting principles and procedures to include the following business: Procurement in Pre-Award and Award Contracts; Simplified Acquisition Procedures; Small Business Socio-Economic; Delivery Order / Task Order; Contract Administration; Government Purchase Card program. As a condition of continued employment in the GS-1102-09 position, the employee must complete Level Two Certification within 24 months of appointment to the position.
**If newly hired at the GS-09, a condition of continued employment, employees must complete Level Two Certification within 24 months of appointment to their positions.
Contract Specialist, GS-1102-11: To qualify, candidate must have Level Two Certification awarded. Must meet positive education requirement. Must have at least 12 months of broadening contracting experiences and competencies that provided full working knowledge and skill in contracting principles and procedures to include the following tasks: Procurement in Pre-Award and Award Contracts, Simplified Acquisition Procedures, Small Business Socio-Economic, Delivery Order / Task Order, Contract Administration, Purchase Card program.
TRAINEE POSITION: Applicants not meeting full qualifications for the GS-11 position indicated above may be considered for GS-09 trainee, if qualified. Statement-of-Difference of qualification requirements for each are indicated. If appointed as trainee, the selectee may be non-competitively promoted to GS-11 upon meeting full qualifications and recommendations of supervisor.
1. Knowledge of contracting principles, laws, statutes, Executive Orders, regulations, and procedures applicable to pre-award and post-award duties
2. Knowledge of up-to-date market research procedures.
3. Knowledge of commercial business practices and market conditions to evaluate offer acceptability, contractor responsibility, and/or contractor performance, and to determine acquisition strategy and sources.
4. Knowledge of contract cost analysis techniques sufficient to gather and evaluate price and/or cost data for a variety of pre-award and/or post-award procurement actions.
5. Knowledge of negotiation techniques and technical requirements sufficient to procure complex and/or diversified services, commodities, and/or construction.
COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED FOR EDUCATION TO BE CREDITABLE FAILURE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FOR POSITION
Failure to submit certification will result in automatically disqualification
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR résumé. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
The following six basic qualification factors are applicable to the Series GS-1102
· Skilled in collecting and analyzing contracting data effectively, efficiently, and accurately;
· Ability to clearly enunciate English without impediment of speech that would interfere or prohibit effective communication;
· Ability to write English in reports and presentation formats;
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
· Skilled in presenting formal training presentations and briefings; and,
· Skilled in applying procedures and directives by reading and interpreting program material.
AS A GENERAL RULE, ONE QUARTER COLLEGE CREDIT HOUR EQUALS .67 SEMESTER COLLEGE CREDIT HOUR.
For example, to compute the number of semester hours an applicant earned, after he/she successfully completed 36 quarter credits in accounting discipline courses by:
1. Use the data point of .67 to compute Quarter Hours into Semester Hours:
36 Quarter Hours X .67 Semester Hour = 24 Semester Hours.
2. May compute the number of semester hours an applicant has earned, after he/she successfully completed 36 quarter credits in accounting discipline courses:
36 Quarter Hours /1.5 = 24 Semester Hours.
Hint: Whether you are converting Semester Hours into Quarter Hours; or, Quarter
Hours into Semester Hours, the applicable computation data points are correct.
Conditions of Employment:
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
All GS-1102 Dual Status Technicians, who do not complete the positions' required certifications within 24 months, are not retained in their positions.
Dual Status GS-1102 Dual Status Technicians are NOT ELIGIBLE for any promotion considerations to higher-graded positions if these technicians do not have the required certifications to retain their current positions.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees.
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resources Office. You must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USAJOBS.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 90 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
|04/03/17||Procurement Specialist||Judicial Branch, U.S. Courts||Richmond, Virginia|