Information Technology Specialist (NETWORK)
This position is located in an information management organization. The purpose of this position is to function as a technical specialist on issues relating to the wide area network (WAN) and local area network (LAN) systems and their integration in the network. The work involves network administration, optimization and performance in support of the supports the states wide area command and control integrated network. Performs a variety of network device configuration and connectivity tasks. Executes procedures and coordinates corrective action to optimize network performance. Installs, configures and monitors tested and evaluated software packages that provide performance measurements of the WAN/LAN. Implements the standard configuration software loads for all network devices. Utilizes benchmarks and performance measurement and evaluation data to manage network servers and data communication devices to support normal and surge workload. Works with technical support personnel in resolving critical problems. Uses remote management software tools to maintain and update configuration, protocol and user/system files. Documents and tracks change to configuration, protocol and user/system files. Executes appropriate action to ensure backup processes are completed. Evaluates the performance of network devices such as servers, workstations, and peripheral devices, and remote access systems. Coordinates the development and implementation of configuration management plans for complex LANs and WANs with supported elements to include headquarters staff elements, tenant activities, state government, regional operating activities and national agencies. Implements plans and procedures for remote installation of applications and upgrades using state of the art software distribution methods. Monitors distribution of applications and upgrades ensuring compliance with regulations and copyright laws. Implements procedures to ensure accurate records of authorized users of distributed software are maintained. Implements the standard operating procedures for all devices on the network. Reviews and evaluates proposed software. Provides input to briefings and presentations on the complexities of the installation networks. These briefings provide the basis for long-range decision planning relating to C4 network project management. Analyzes equipment and software reliability and utilization reports to identify and define problem areas and to establish end-to-end systems performance levels. Position requires a secret clearance.
LOCATION OF POSITION: G6, Draper, Utah
POSITION DESCRIPTION NUMBER: D0262000
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Nationwide
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Permanent
APPOINTMENT REQUIREMENTS: Warrant Officer, Enlisted
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
MILITARY COMPATIBILITY: WO: 250A/N/S. ENL: CMF 25.
SELECTING SUPERVISOR: Mr. Mike Hansen
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: This position has known promotion potential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Each applicant must fully substantiate (in her/his own words) that she/he meets the requirements of the specialized experience listed below: otherwise, the applicant will be considered unqualified for this vacancy. DO NOT COPY THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION. IF YOU DO THIS YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFED FOR THE VACANCY. Please ensure that you have included beginning and ending dates (month and year) for all jobs listed on your resume.
1. Knowledge of, and skill in applying network design principles and concepts, network architecture principles and concepts, network protocols, remote access technology concepts, network operation and maintenance concepts and methods, network management tools, configuration management concepts and practices, network topology concepts, LAN/WAN principles and methods, network optimization techniques and acquisition management policies.
2. Skill in configuring hubs and switches, monitoring network performance, performing network diagnostics, analyzing network traffic patterns and installing network software fixes and upgrades.
3. Skill in establishing connectivity between remote sites, creating network maps, troubleshooting network problems (outages) and implementing configuration management plans for complex LANs and WANs.
4. This position requires a secret clearance and incumbent must be eligible to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
GS-11 requires 36 months of specialized experience.
GS-09 requires 24 months of specialized experience.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Medical screening will be completed upon selection for hire.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is not authorized.
Soldiers who accept a technician position will be terminated from the Bonus and Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP).
Indefinite positions may be converted to permanent status without further competition.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal Employees.
Main site for new federal employees - https://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resource Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resource can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
|04/05/17||IT Security Specialist I / II||Judicial Branch, U.S. Courts||New Orleans, Louisiana|