Deputy United States Property and Fiscal Officer
This position is located in the Office of the United States Property and Fiscal Officer (OUSPFO). The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a full deputy to the United States Property and Fiscal Officer (USPFO). As the Deputy, serves as the alter ego to the USPFO, fully sharing in the direction of all phases of the organization's program, which includes managing the day-to-day operations of the OUSPFO, to include receipt, accountability, contracting, disbursement and certification of all federal resources (funds, equipment, supplies, services) provided to the State for which the USPFO is responsible. The Deputy USPFO will take appropriate action, immediately notifying the USPFO, the Adjutant General (AG) and/or CNGB (as appropriate), to report irregularities, misuse or abuse of Federal property or funds issued to the National Guard of the State within their jurisdiction. If there are any irregularities identified in the USPFO's absence, it will be reported to NGB-PF for appropriate action. Limitations of the Deputy USPFO are procedural in nature due to regulatory and statutory requirements.
THIS POSITION MAY BE CONCURRENTLY ANNOUNCED WITH VA 17-393A. ONLY ONE OF THE ANNOUNCED POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED. REFERRAL AND SELECTION WILL BE CMDI 1400.02, 1 AUG 16.
GENERAL: Experience, education or training in managing or directing, one or more programs, including appropriate supporting service organizations. Supervisory, managerial, professional or technical work experience and/or training which has provided knowledge of management principles, practices, methods and techniques. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Deputy United States Property and Fiscal Officer, GS-0340-14: Must have at least 36 months experience analyzing problems, identifying significant factors, gathering pertinent data and recognizing solutions; preparing reports, plans, policies and various correspondence; evaluating objectives and develop plans to facilitate the availability and effective utilization of various resources; Must have knowledge of the organization and its mission and utilized the organizational staff procedures. Experience applying analytical and evaluative techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations carried out by administrative or professional personnel, or substantive administrative support functions. Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledge's, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Knowledge and judgment are exercised when resolving complex issues and situations encountered on a daily basis, ensuring compliance with established policies.
2. Knowledge or experience of an administrative nature, which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application to one or more fields of administrative or management.
3. Knowledge of administrative requirements, and sufficient knowledge of practices, procedures, and standards to participate in the executive leadership of the health delivery system.
4. Knowledge, skills, and abilities in planning, coordinating, controlling, and directing military program operations.
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR résumé. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Conditions of Employment:
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resources Office. You must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USAJOBS.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 90 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
|01/13/17||PROGRAM MANAGER *MSP, 6 Mo Roster*||Department Of The Treasury, Internal Revenue Service||IRS Nationwide Locations, United States|
|11/10/16||PROGRAM MANAGER||Department of the Navy, U.S. Navy - Agency Wide||Yuma, Arizona|
|11/04/16||Program Manager (Division Administrator) - GS - 0340-15 (Open to FHWA / VEOA, LMWFA, ICTAP eligible)||Department Of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration||Montgomery, Alabama|
|06/29/16||District Ranger||Department Of Agriculture, Forest Service||Alpine, Arizona|
|03/07/17||Program Manager||Department of the Army, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers||Afghanistan|