Information Technology Specialist
As an Information Technology Specialist your duties will include, but not be limited to:
· Advising and assisting management in the overall design, expansion, modification, redesign, conversion, and implementation of the system for which the organization is responsible.
· As a recognized expert in both programming and systems design methods and techniques, meets with professional and industrial organizations in furthering the state-of-the-art.
· Installing, troubleshooting, and repairing local and wide area network hardware and software.
· Providing advice and assistance to customers, troubleshoots all problems, and provides support to the customer with minimal disruption to normal business activities.
· Designing, writing, testing, debugging, and maintaining software applications that meet technical and functional requirements; designing and developing efficient and effective applications through optimal use of reusable components
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: To qualify at the GS-12 level you will need to have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service which includes work that involves: 1) Performing the implementation of new server hardware and software; 2) Analyzing customer requirements to develop application/program specifications; 3) Experience in programming and analysis to modify existing applications or develop new applications; 4) Defining database structures utilized by developed applications.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas:
· Knowledge of system Administration
· Knowledge of Applications Software
· Ability to Administer Operating Systems
· Ability to Communicate Orally
As part of the application process, you are required to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following competencies:
Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.Other Requirements: Click here for more information
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
Conditions of Employment
Top Secret security clearance required.
Requires Information Assurance Certification.
TDY at least 5% of the time.
The Department of Defense offers excellent benefits programs some of which may include:Comprehensive health and life insurance Generous retirement programs Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time Flexible work environment to include use of Telework and alternate work schedules Paid employment related training and education Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job.
Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees. If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
|02/16/17||Senior Database Administrator||Judicial Branch, U. S. Sentencing Commission||Washington DC, District of Columbia|
|01/13/17||IT Specialist (APPSW) GG-2210-07/09/11/12, Census-CB-TG||Department Of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau||District of Columbia, District of Columbia|
|01/13/17||IT Specialist (APPSW) GG-2210-07/09/11/12, Census-DE-TG||Department Of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau||District of Columbia, District of Columbia|
|04/04/17||IT Security Specialist I / II||Judicial Branch, U.S. Courts||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|01/26/17||STEM Investigator - Science/Technology/Engineering/Math Backgrounds (Special Agent)||Department Of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation||Location Negotiable After Selection, United States|